Monday, April 13, 2009

Big Eyes










Sorry these are a bit out of focus. This is what happens when you have a kitten in one hand and a camera in the other. Now that their eyes are open they seem to have huge eyes. The stripey one is grooming herself and getting around quite well. The black beauty is just a little slower but comes toddling to me the minute I enter the room. I think it's the bottle she loves but I still love to see her come to me. Stripey has learned about supplemental feedings too so she lets me know she's hungry too. They both purr the second they are touched. Very sweet. Mama Lizzie is still with them giving them snuggles and baths and feeding them but they seemed hungry so they get bottles as well as mama. Lizzie is an angel and very affectionate but I think she's had enough of the kitten business. No worries, Lizzie, you'll never have kittens again!

4 comments:

Lauren said...

what big eyes they have!
they seem SO happy!
and they look to be getting bigger by the day (so big compared to the first pictures of them!)

any idea on when they will be available at the shelter?

if these kitties are anywhere near as sweet as little cali, i will gladly take one! =)

HoosierKitty said...

They are totally sweet. I'd think they would be ready late May or sometime in June. I'm off to Germany for about two weeks and I'm really going to miss them. I'll console myself with grandchildren instead. Anyway when I'm back they should be absolutely irresistible and I'd love to introduce you to them. I really would love to see you adopt one of them.

Lauren said...

germany?!
wow!!!
that sounds like a lot of fun!

i went in to the shelter today and was shocked at the lack of kittens...
i would love to meet the kittens when you come back!

and i'd be totally willing to scoop one up in may/june(or whenever they become available.)

HoosierKitty said...

I would be so happy to have you adopt one of these girls. I think they are going to be very sweet. They'll be different girls when I get home, more mobile and ready to feed themselves better. Dr Nancy is all set to get them eating on their own since mama Lizzie is not enthusiatic about nursing.